Windows terminal server

Lisa Durham lisa at natec.net
Wed Nov 26 18:48:48 UTC 2003

Santavy Peter wrote:

>My school board uses a windows terminal server that I can log into using
>

>>windows.  They have a terminal program I can download into windows.  How
>>can I do this using Linux??
>>

>You can do this using rdesktop.
>
>rdesktop-1.2.0-2 is located on installation CDs.
>
>High encryption level (MS terminology in RDP setup) is supported, but
>local devices not.
>
>Bye.
>
>Peter

Ok, I can connect to a Windows Terminal Server using rdesktop but how do
I go about logging into a VPN running from the same machine.

In Windows, I have a vpn connection I use, then I use remote desktop
connection in WinXP to get to my actual machine at work, not the
Terminal Server. Our Terminal Server is the box I connect to using the VPN.

I want to connect to the VPN THEN use rdesktop to reach the correct
machine on the network. I hope I'm making this clear.

Thanks,
Lisa Durham