Wine

David Cornish mail at davidcornish.com
Thu Nov 27 11:59:11 UTC 2003

> Would you list the steps you took to get it running?  And where did you
> get winecfg?  I haven't been able to find it.

Here's my entry in yum.conf

[newrpms.sunsite.dk]
name=NewRPMS.sunsite.dk for Fedora Core 1
baseurl=http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc1

yum install wine

I'm using the latest (20031118) version which is available from this source.
This RPM provides /usr/bin/winecfg.

I didn't have any problems with exec-shield, but clearly from the Wine website
and other people's postings, it does pose some issues.  See the Fedora
release notes for how to disable exec-shield.  You may find setarch i386 wine
works, I don't know because I don't have this problem.

Running winecfg gives a simple tabbed dialog which you can select your options
and probably keep all the defaults.  Choose OK in the dialog.

Use with "wine path-to-command"

HTH

David