Compile perl script on Fedora (perlcc)

Yanick Quirion yanick.quirion at neokimia.com
Thu Nov 27 15:12:54 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have a new system running Fedora. I want to compile simple perl script
using perlcc. The compile process complete successfully with couple of
warning, but when I ran the compiled program, it give me a core file.
Look:

The script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Date::Calc qw(Delta_Days);

#require Date::Calc;
#qw(Delta_Days);

($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst) = localtime(time);

$year+=1900;
$mon+=1;

my $year2=2003;
my $month2=11;
my $day2=30;

$days = Delta_Days ( $year, $mon, $mday, $year2, $month2, $day2);

print "Number of days: $days\n";

The compile string & result:

[fedora-l]:/u/sinfsyst/yanqui/prog/Perl> perlcc -o tutu tutu.pl
pccBxtoj.c: In function `perl_init_aaab':
pccBxtoj.c:24504: warning: this decimal constant is unsigned only in ISO
C90

And now the execution:

[fedora-l]:/u/sinfsyst/yanqui/prog/Perl> ./tutu
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If I do exactly same thing on Redhat 9, it works without any
error/problem. There is no "warning" on the compile process.

The difference is RH 9 uses Perl 5.8.0 and Fedora 5.8.1. Is it possible
to "downgrade" fedora perl to 5.8.0?
If you have any other suggestion that will solve that problem it will be
appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Yanick