Vmware (was: kde probs)

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 20:26:07 UTC 2003

ok.. we're getting there.. lol (Thanks Andy!)

removed all the kde stuff and re-installed them.. this has solved the
startup errors and kcontrol problem I was having.. things are looking up...

now.. to the problem I was initially having.. VMWare..

I've got VMWare installed.. and it all *looks* fine.. until you try to
use the sound device..

My sound card is working fine and my mp3's sound perfect in xmms..  but
when I use the sound card in vmware (I have both Win XP & Win 98 guests
installed - this applies to both) the output is all scrambled..  sounds
all "blobby"..

Anyone else had this problem? and if so - did you get it fixed?

Thanks

Craig