Hints requested for beginner

Graeme Willox graemewillox at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 28 06:31:35 UTC 2003

I've just installed Fedora.  I have to say that installation was
remarkably simple.  I still have Windows XP Pro installed whilst I learn
a bit about Fedora.  In fact, all I had to do was delete one Fat 32
partition and allow Fedora to install itself!

It was so simple to install, in fact, that even though it's installed, I
still know absolutely nothing about it.  I didn't even need to download
it.  Someone else did that for me, because broadband internet isn't
available in my area.

There seems to be quite a lot of information available.  There's so
much, in fact, that I'm not sure where to even start.  Could someone
point me in the right direction, please?  I read a message in this group
where someone described how to mount the windows drives, but I still
need to find out how to do things like have this drive mount each time I
start up, how to mount the other partition on my hard drive, and whether
there's already something like Windows Explorer / Xtree (being an old
MS-DOS user from way back.  - Am I allowed to say MS-DOS on this list?
)  :-)

Thanks,

Graeme Willox