I have nothing but good things to say!

Bryan Anderson fedora at bryananderson.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 16:09:51 UTC 2003

Stefan wrote:

 > My Canon FB320P works fine; you should just uncomment
 > "canon_pp" in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf (it's commented out
 > by default). That's all ;-)

Doesn't seem to work here. I uncomment that line, plug in the scanner
and open a terminal. As root I type 'sane-find-scanner' and this is the
result:

-----

   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different,
     make sure that you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI
     adapter.

   # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different,
     make sure that you have loaded a driver for your USB host
     controller and have installed a kernel scanner module.

   # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
     ports can't be detected by this program.

-----

Is the FB320P a parallel port scanner? If so, how do you get sane to
find it?

Bryan Anderson <fedora at bryananderson.co.uk>