general sendmail question

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Sat Nov 29 01:01:07 UTC 2003

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Craig Tinson wrote:

> guys.. have a quick query..
>
> my boss has asked me to setup sendmail so that any email that goes out
> through it from his employees gets auto'cc'd to him..
>
> this is to be done with sendmail so that the emplyees don't know it's
> happening.. is this do-able?
>
> thanks
>
> Craig

If you're going to run a sendmail sever then you really should consider
some other factors too.  You will get a LOT of spam and virii.  I suggest
you look at MailScanner.

It doesn't require changes to stock sendmail and will allow you (just one
of its features) to copy/archive any messages.  It will also run virus
scanners, integrate spamassassin etc.

It's a very nice package.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer