playinig DVDs

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Nov 29 02:49:58 UTC 2003

Gang:

I'm trying to get a DVD player going on RC1.

I downloaded xine and xine library RPMS, installed 'em without incident.
But when I attempt to play any DVD I get the FBi warning screen followed
by some error or other about being unable to read (or maybe access) the
files.

Now I can mount the thing and see that all the files are there. Clues,
anyone?

I also was going to try mplayer so I downloaded the Yarrow RPM for it,
but when attempting to install it, it spewed out 10-15 unfulfilled
dependencies. Since that machine is not on the net, it wasn't worth the
trouble to go find 'em all and transport via sneakernet.
 .----    Fred Smith    /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us