Mozilla Firebird and Thunderbird

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Nov 30 02:49:29 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 16:36, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Vano Beridze wrote:
> > Are those products included in Fedora Core 1 distribution?
>
> No, not as far as I know.
>
> > If no where can I get xft enabled rpms for them?
>
> Mozilla distributes tarballs, just extract them in /usr/local, or
> somewhere in your home dir (either will work fine, I use ~/root/bin/).
>
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firebird/releases/0.7/
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/0.3/

Both MozillaFirebird and MozillaThunderbird are packaged specifically
for RH9 and FC1, and distributed at fedora.us.  MozillaFirebird works
*GREAT*, but MozillaThunderbird renders all mozilla-compatible browsers
unusable while it is running.  Hopefully the next version of Thunder
bird will fix that problem.

Warren