yum dependency loop exceeded

Michael Griffis mgriffis at eller.arizona.edu
Sat Nov 29 17:37:11 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I am getting an "identical dependency loop exceeded" error while
tryingto install totem/xine/mplayer.

I've added the livna-stable sources to /etc/yum.conf however when I run
try to install totem, xine or mplayer I get the following message:

Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
......identical dependency loop exceeded
package xine-lib needs libFLAC.so.4 (not provided)
package xine-lib needs libaa.so.1 (not provided)
package xine-lib needs libspeex.so.1 (not provided)

Has anyone had the same issue?  Any suggestions for resolving?

thanks,

Michael