What am I doing wrong? (problem importing kmail content into Evolution).

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 30 06:46:19 UTC 2003

I'm resposting this query, since I have had no reply, and on reflection
my subject heading might have been misleading (for which I apologize).
I had previously posted this as:
"HOWTO import kmail content into Evolution? (request for help)"

After doing a google search, I came up with this result:
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/users/2002-March/003449.html

Following what was outlined on that post:
1) Import a single file with File type, "automatic".
Selected the  *destination* e.g. /home/elton/Mail/inbox
2) Evolution complains
"There is no importer that is able to handle /home/elton/Mail"

Yet according to the information from google, this procedure
should work. I note the original post is dated March, 2002.

Perhaps something has changed in Evolution or Kmail?
Versions (on my system): kmail 1.5.4, evolution 1.4.5

... some pointers would be appreciated,

Elton
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.