Error During Installaiton

dustin childers dustin at jam.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 17:19:10 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 08:26, Liew Chen Wai wrote:
> 	Hi,
>
> 	There was a error message "ypserv 2.8-3 cannot be openned. This is
> due to a missing file or perhaps a corrup package...."
> 	I have visited the archive list. Since not only me, other people
> also having the same problem. Is it a bug ? How I do I
> 	overcome this ?
>

> 	Rgds
> 	Liew

> The contents of this e-mail may be confidential. Do not disclose,
> copy or distribute it if you are not the intended recipient. It may
> also be unlawful to do so.
>
> This e-mail is sent without any implied warranty or representation
> as to the accuracy or completeness of its contents, or as to the
> authority of the sender to send it. Do not rely on its contents without
> written confirmation from a duly authorised employee of CIMB.
>
> Please notify admin1 at cimb.com.my if you have received this message in error.

Chances are, that just means that the FTP server is full. I got that
message about 30 times and I just hit return and after a few tries it
worked. It was saying it failed while the status was "Connecting", so
I'm assuming that the server was full.

Hope that helps.

--
dustin childers
dustin at jam.rr.com
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator & Security Analyst
GPG Signature: http://www.logged.org/dustin/gpg.txt