Disabling graphical boot

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sun Nov 30 18:50:15 UTC 2003

WA9ALS - John wrote:

> > rpm -e rhgb
> > or just remove the 'rhgb' from your bootloader.

> Where is thaat configuration kept, ie if I wanted to change it manually?

If your bootloader is lilo, in /etc/lilo.conf.

If your bootloader is grub, and you use any Linux distro except Fedora
or Redhat, in /boot/grub/menu.txt

If your bootloader is grub, and you use Fedora or RedHat, in both
/boot/grub/grub.conf and /etc/grub.conf, which are linked, until you
break the link trying to edit but screw it up and replace with your
backup, and then forget about fixing the link
--
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
                                                1 Peter 5:5 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/