some error when install flash player

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Sun Nov 30 22:26:21 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 05:07, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:57:10 +0800
>
> _________ <songbai at ceiec.com.cn> wrote:
> > I download flashplayer for linux from Macromedia website.
> >
> > the installer need a "browser path", i enter "/usr/lib/mozzila", but
> > it's invalid, i enter "/usr/lib/mozzila-1.4.1", it's valid.
> >
> > after install success, i run the mozzila, nothing is found in "help ->
> > about plugins".
>
> Assuming you got the path right, install this RPM:
>
> compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118
>
> Flash should then show up in your plugins the next time you run Mozilla.

You might consider adding the following lines to your apt configuration:

rpm http://macromedia.mplug.org apt/fedora/1 macromedia
rpm-src http://macromedia.mplug.org apt/fedora/1 macromedia

So you can do 'apt-get install flash-plugin'

At http://macromedia.mplug.org/  , you can find more information (also yum
config)  for this flash-plugin rpm.  Watch out: the rpm popups a license in
an x window: you can't install it if you don't have X access.

Kind regards,
Dries Verachtert