Apt vs. Yum vs. up2date?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 02:01:29 UTC 2003

On Oct 14, 2003, "Benjamin J. Weiss" <benjamin at Weiss.name> wrote:

> So, I guess I need to switch my update methodology.

You should really try Fedora Core Test3.  Its up2date can use yum, apt
and plain directories containing RPMS, without requiring any form of
entitlement for RHN service.  All with the nice up2date interface you
say you like :-)

Don't expect it to be fully functional atm, but I've been using it for
the past few days, and I'm finding it *very* cool.