Fedora and the System Administrator -- Red Hat v. SuSE it is not ...

Buck RHList at towncorp.net
Thu Oct 2 22:02:20 UTC 2003

I agree.  The need or desire dictates the product used.  For me, SuSE is
more affordable, has long term maintenance and an option for a long term
stable product compatible with the rest.  For $50 ($10 less than the Red
Hat Network) I get an original disc, I can copy and distribute it for
free, and I can install it on all the computers I desire.  If, on the
other hand I desire to sell it, I have to re-sell a legal boxed version.
Not a problem for me.  I can afford $50 once for 18 - 24 months of
"maintenance" the term for what you get from up2date with RH.

Please be advised, I am not pushing RH here.  I haven't tried it and if
I like it when I do, I will probably go that route.  I will have to see
if I run into any walls or restrictions.  It may be that RH will release
a similar option before I lock in my decision.

Buck