Fedora and the System Administrator -- "have" -> "had"

Buck RHList at towncorp.net
Fri Oct 3 18:00:48 UTC 2003

When I talked to a Red Hat representative on the telephone, Red Hat has
adopted a policy that states that the name "Red Hat" will be associated
with reliability and support.  I don't believe there will be an
unsupported Red Hat again.

Speaking on my own as I see it:  Red Hat wants whomever hears their name
to think "Quality, reliability, availability, 'I want it!'".  Red Hat is
aware that there a lot of confusion has arisen because of the names "Red
Hat Linux" and "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" and they only want the image
of RHEL.  The only way to get that is to divorce from "Red Hat Linux"
and terminate its name.  Until the last few weeks when I became active
on this list, there was only "Red Hat Linux" the big umbrella that meant
all of their products collectively and severally.  That creates a lot of
confusion, and confusion costs customers.

Buck