Are there any scripts to generate an updated Kickstart image?

Hans Deragon hans at deragon.biz
Fri Oct 3 19:35:33 UTC 2003

Greetings.

   When running kickstart using NFS, one has to create a directory where all the
RPMs can be found.  getfullcomps.py and genhdlist are used to generate the
metadata a few data files required for anaconda to install the rpms.

   What I am looking for are scripts that replaces old RPMs in such a directory
with more recent ones and regenerate the data files.  The idea is that after
downloading the updates everynight, the kickstart image directory is also
updated so that no RPMs needs to be upgraded after an install (well, until the
next openssh security advisory comes up. :) )

   Writting the scripts is easy, but I just want to know if anything already
exist before reinventing the wheel.

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.         Open source: