Fedora and the System Administrator

James Keasley jamesk at homeric.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 20:19:14 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 20:54, Paul Gear wrote:
> Mike A. Harris wrote:

> Anyway, that's not the main point i was trying to address.  It was the
> issue of the tie between the OS and the boxed set.
>
> Mandrake understand this distinction.  Here is their products page:
> http://www.mandrakestore.com/mdkworld/index.php?storereferer=&LANG=en_US&UID=&CUSTID=&origin_=
> Notice that you can buy both boxed sets and just CDs.

Well, given that Mandrake filed for bankruptcy earlier this year...

The kind of begging that I have seen Mandrake do to try and get their
users to send them some money is kind of undignified, and doesn't look
good if you are trying to get your company taken seriously but the kind
of people who sign the cheques for your new and reliable linux based
network.

When was the last time you saw Mandrake being used on a server in
anything larger than a small business anyway?

--
James
jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?