Fedora on UML -- revisited: Fedora via UML on RHEL 3 WS ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Oct 9 21:06:45 UTC 2003

Quoting Adam Kosmin <akosmin at nyc.rr.com>:
> Has anyone attempted to get Fedora running on UML? I know that there
> is a 7.2 root filesystem out there and wonder if I'd be able to use it to
> upgrade to Fedora? If I'm wrong, I'd appreciate any feedback or
> thoughts. I think UML would be a great way to check out Fedora without
> having to do a fresh install every time.

Actually, I previously suggested precisely that with regards to running newer
apps only available in Fedora under RHEL 3 WS.  Especially for those of us
considering Athlon64/Opteron.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org  http://thebs.org
[NT-based] Windows itself has never been the primary issue with