Are there any scripts to generate an updated Kickstart image?

Arindam Dey adey at komnas.com
Fri Oct 10 02:25:45 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 00:32, Hans Deragon wrote:
> Charles Curley wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 03:35:33PM -0400, Hans Deragon wrote:
> >
> >>Greetings.
> >>

> >>  What I am looking for are scripts that replaces old RPMs in such a
> >>  directory with more recent ones and regenerate the data files.  The idea is
> >>that after downloading the updates everynight, the kickstart image
> >>directory is also updated so that no RPMs needs to be upgraded after an
> >>install (well, until the next openssh security advisory comes up. :) )
> >>
> > To update a collection of RPMs, try AutoUpdate.
> >

> This is not what I am looking for.  I do not want the original RPMs to be
> installed and then upgraded.  I want the latest official RPMs to be installed
> upstart, thus avoiding solutions like AutoUpdate, apt-get and Yum.  This is to
> reduce the time required to install a PC.

You could try creating and updates(check name not sure) directory in the
root of the installation tree where you have copied the remaining stuff.
Anaconda then automatically picks up the newer rpms for installation
ignoring the older versions present in the RedHat/RPMS directory. I know
this can be done in this fashion but have forgotten the exact dir name
or its location in the dir tree. You could get more information
searching the anaconda-devel-list archive. This has been discussed there
quite a few times if I am not mistaken.

Hope this is what you were looking for....

--
Arindam Dey

The mind is not a vessel to be filled
but a fire to be kindled.

GPG FPR: B8E3 219E F129 F970 F4A7  BC50 9636 504A BEDF 5739