Okay - Gripe time

Dan Goodes dang at planetmirror.com
Tue Oct 14 22:02:54 UTC 2003

Hi Mike and Others,

Thanks for the feedback.

Re: IGP support, I was actually kinda kidding - while it would be nice, I
wasn't expecting a miracle. I've done plenty of background reading into
why the support is very experimental, and I appreciate the work you folks
do to get the stuff happening.

Re: ACPI support, thanks to all the folks who've corrected me on this one
- I was only going on what the release notes state: "When enabled, ACPI is
used for device enumeration, but not for sleeping or reducing power
consumption".

Other than that, the release is pretty damn exciting. Since this is my
work notebook I wont be able to test out the power/acpi stuff (and am
probably a bit hesitant about installing a beta/test anyway). But I'm
definitely looking forward to next month's release.

Great work folks!

--
Regards,

Dan Goodes  :  Systems Programmer  :  dang at planetmirror.com

Help support PlanetMirror - Australia's largest Internet archive
by signing up for PlanetMirror Premium : http://planetmirror.com