OpenGroupware? -- Ximian is the problem ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Oct 16 03:04:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 15:21, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> I've been holding off on trying out OGo until it and Evolution play nice
> together without having to purchase a bunch of licenses for M$ middleware
> connectors.  You'd think that, since both claim to adopt open standards,
> that they'd be talking by now.
> Any news on when I'll just be able to load OGo on my linux server and use
> Evolution to do all of the groupware stuff with it?  Seems to me that the
> two orgs would be champing at the bit, as this would effectively end
> Exchange in small businesses....

As I stated before, Ximian is the problem.  OGo itself supports
iCalendar.  Ximian does not, _unlike_ just about everyone else.

If you don't believe me, just as Bynari.

But I'm not blaming Ximian either.  They are just prying on the
organizations that deploy Hostageware like Exchange.

Unfortunately, they are cutting off Freedomware projects like OGo.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org  http://thebs.org