modifying graphics...

Garrett LeSage garrett at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 16:10:24 UTC 2003

Hazlett, Evan [EAC/FF] wrote:

> I love the graphical boot, and the look of the login, but is there a
> way to change it?
>
> Like you can the kde splash screens?  Is there some jpg or pngs I can
> edit?

GDM (the login) supports themes.  You can make a new one based off of
what is in Fedora.  You could also use one of the many from
http://art.gnome.org/themes/gdm_greeter/index.php as well.

For rhgb (graphical boot), you'd have to modify the source and PNG files
within the package and rebuild it.  Not as easy, at least at this
current point in time.  Just swapping out the graphics shouldn't be too
difficult though, if you just want to have different images during boot up.

Garrett