Newcomer's questions - things are improving...

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Tue Oct 21 11:35:15 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 03:02:47PM +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 17:33, Gerry Tool wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 10:18, Neil B. Cohen wrote:
> >=20
> > > One thing I forgot to ask about in my first message - Galeon was not
> > > included in the original Fedora installation - is it available now?
> > > Where can I find it?
> >=20
> > Galeon has been deprecated in favor of epiphany, a newer replacement for
> > galeon.
>
> At the risk of being obtrusive ;-), you can grab Galeon-1.3 RPMS for FC
> at http://lisas.de/~nils/fedora/0.95/extras/ or (for YUM, up2date)
> http://lisas.de/~nils/yum/fedora/0.95/i386/extras/.
>
> Nils

I was doing a fedora test 3 install just now, and was looking through
the "graphical internet" category, and galeon was still there. Haven't
installed it, since I was setting up a limited box as a print server for
testing, but I wonder what will get installed when you select galeon
from the list...

David Jansen