missing RPM in desktop install -- xsri-2.1.0-6

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 22 18:59:28 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 22, 2003, at 14:18 America/New_York, Alan Peery wrote:

> I get 80%+ through installation of a default desktop installation, and
> the installation stops at "The package xsri-2.1.0-6 cammnot be opened.
>  This is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrup package..."
>
> At this point the install will let me retry forever, but not skip the
> package and continue on.  Is there any way to work around this?  The
> md5sums of the .iso files are correct, so I don't think I've had a
> download problem.
>
> Detail:
> I happen to be installing the software under VMWare (version 3.0,
> running on a Windows XP host).  I've swapped the .iso files by
> suspending the virtual machine and "swapping cdroms" by renaming the
> .iso files on my hard drive.  I've used this technique many times, and
> it worked for 20 minutes following the switch, so I don't think this
> is likely to be the problem.
>
> Alan

Alan,

	I've had this problem too, and never got it figured out. I think its
because you need to have vmware-tools installed before you can install
xsri, however, thats not possible to install unless the dist install is
complete. Officially, installing under vmware is not supported. Please
keep me updated as this is a bug I would love to squash.

Thanks,
Jack