nvidia thoughts

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Thu Oct 23 17:27:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 13:21, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Niels Weber schrieb:
>
> >Hi all!
> >
> >I know that nvidia is evil with releasing their drivers only in binary
> >format and so on.
> >
> I don't know who said that. Maybe this person should take into account,
> that Nvidia is not allowed to release the source for it includes third
> party code, even if they wanted to.

And, before someone points out that NVIDIA might just release the
hardware specs, the hardware contains components and designs from third
parties as well.  Don't buy NVIDIA hardware if you don't like the
situation.  If they start loosing enough sales from this (*absurd
laughter*) then they might start making hardware free of third-party
components and released with open source drivers.  Spouting "evil
capitalistic corporation" stuff isn't going to get anyone very far.  ;-)

> Christoph
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.