Radeon Mobility 9M

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Thu Oct 23 22:07:05 UTC 2003

John Pantone wrote:

>I have fedora up and running very nicely. ACPI working, all seems well, except
>the "built-in" driver for my Radeon Mobility 9M video doesn't allow for the
>all important switching to external monitor (projector) except at low res.
>Same with the driver from ATI. Irritating thing is that the "built in" driver
>in RH 9 works great...
>
>Can I filch the driver from RH 9 ?
>
>How ?
>
>Thanks.

I think the old RH9 XFree didn't have ATI Radeon 9K M support, so it
used the SVGA driver,
which didn't have hardware acceleration and had problems with display
suspend/sleep and resume.
I have a Dell Inspiron with a */beautiful  /*1600x1200 LCD display ( I
like it better than my 23" desktop monitor).
I am SO happy with the new XFree in FC1b3, but I have never tried using
the external display on it....

-Ben.