CNET News Article

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Oct 24 15:07:51 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 06:17:10PM -0400, William Hooper wrote:

> Jeff Lasman said:
> [snip]
> > If my control panels were available for, and supported under, RHEL, I'd
> > probably find myself doing just what you're doing, especially we have
> > local support for creating complete RH-compatible operating systems.
> [snip]
>
> It sounds like your main problem is your control panel vendors, not RHEL.

You might consider buying a copy of RHEL and giving it a try. RHEL 2.1
is almost identical to RHL 7.x in its included packages and their
versions, and RHEL 3.0 will be based on RHL 9 (+ updates and the extra
stuff. OK, this is over-simplified, but you may give it a try, chances
are it will work.

David Jansen