CNET News Article

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Fri Oct 24 19:55:50 UTC 2003

On Friday 24 October 2003 08:07, David Jansen wrote:

> You might consider buying a copy of RHEL and giving it a try. RHEL
> 2.1 is almost identical to RHL 7.x in its included packages and their
> versions, and RHEL 3.0 will be based on RHL 9 (+ updates and the
> extra stuff. OK, this is over-simplified, but you may give it a try,
> chances are it will work.

Good idea on the face of it.

But even if it would work today, if it broke tomorrow or the next day
and I had a few hundred to a few thousand domains not working I'd call
the control panel vendor and s/he'd say "Sorry, not supported".

Maybe you'd be willing to take that chance for yourself.  Maybe I'd be
willing to take that chance for myself.

I'm certainlyl not willing to take that chance for my customers.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation