mp3 help...

Erik Englund erik.orebro at telia.com
Sat Oct 25 11:34:46 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 09:53, Niels Weber wrote:
> Am Sa, den 25.10.2003 schrieb Erik Englund um 01:10:
> > On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 00:18, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> > > MP3 issue is not about to change until the patent expires, which
> > > if calculations are correct is 17 years after it was filed.
> > >
> > what about a non us release? software patents isn't a problem everywhere
> > in the world... :)
> This is why you get the mp3 rpms easily from non US servers. And this is
> why Mandrake (french) and SuSE (german) can distribute p3 capable stuff.
> (it being not GPL compatible left aside)

exactly, so why don't fedora have an European release on a European
server that US people are not aloud to download? I mean, how many US
corporations aren't breaking US human right laws in third world
countries that is not a crime in that countries, no one can do anything
about that, so therefore it should be no problem with a special non us
version of fedora, or?