package management

Glen Wagley glen at wagdog.homelinux.com
Sun Oct 26 15:13:59 UTC 2003

I'm new to the list and I just installed fedora .95 yesterday. I noticed
that yum and apt repositories are available. I'm used to apt and I have
played with yum a tiny bit. I'm assuming both repositories are updated
at the same time but is there an "official" package management tool?
What are the advantages of each? What do yall recommend? Thanx!
Glen Wagley <glen at wagdog.homelinux.com>
"Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible."
  -Alan Kay