Debian snuggles up to Fedora?

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Tue Oct 28 06:47:39 UTC 2003

On Saturday 25 October 2003 13:06, Andy Green wrote:
> http://arstechnica.com/archive/news/1067056799.html
>
> Ian Murdock, the founder of the Debian GNU/Linux project ... made two very
> important announcements: the porting of Red Hat's Anaconda installer tool
> to Debian, and a modification of Debian's APT package tool which will allow
> it to use both RedHat and Debian packages.
>
> -Andy
>

> --
Nice ;) maybe rpm should be modified to to allow us use debian packages :) ?
<no_flames_please>
btw: does rpm stil hang with large rpm -Uhv / -ihv and do we have still to
killall -9 rpm; rm -rf /var/lib/rpm/__db*; rpm --rebuilddb; ... ? AFIK rpm in
rh8 was not able to relocate packages at all and hangs sometimes, in rh9 just
hangs...
</no_flames_please>

--
Regards,