Production Version of Fedora?

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 14:04:10 UTC 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Elliot Lee wrote:

> As I understand it (*), Fedora Core's main target is developers and
> enthusiasts, not 'must-be-super-stable' production deployments.
>
> In other words, the goal is to develop amazing & cool new software, not
> to make it polished for deployment. That's something for other projects
> or products to take care of.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if eg. the
Fedora Legacy project would make Fedora usable for
longer term deployments.

OTOH, I expect those people to fix whatever they want
to fix, not necessarily what you want to fix. If you
want to file "my Oracle is going slow, please fix it"
style bug reports Fedora might not be for you. ;)