[Re: [Re: no graphical boot since last kernel update]]

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Thu Oct 30 01:51:52 UTC 2003

Gerry Tool wrote:
<snip>

> You currently have to add "rhgb" without quotes to the end of the kernel
> line in /etc/grub.conf to get the graphical boot to work.  This was
> mentioned on one of the lists a few days ago.

If you will read the message, you will notice that I AM doing that.
 From my messages:

####
Hmm . From dmesg :
     Kernel command line: ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb
In my grub.conf
     kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2110.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb

And I still boot in plain old text [ Ok ] thing. Any other tips? (Not
that I care *that* much about it)

rpm -q rhgb
rhgb-0.11.1-2

 From /etc/sysconfig/init:

# anything else => new style bootup without ANSI colors or positioning
BOOTUP=color
# Turn on graphical boot
GRAPHICAL=yes

It is NOT working for me.