ATI Radeon 9600 bug report

Ryan J Zygar ryan at zygar.com
Fri Oct 31 06:02:35 UTC 2003

This is what I have been sending to the list for a couple days. I
cannot get Fedora to work unless I use the drivers from the ATI
website. I sent Mike an Email regarding the output of the ATI
information today.

He is becoming a household name in my house.

If this helps:

1. I use the default Fedora Kernel
2. I did a clean install of XFree86 (reinstall and rm -rf) zap the
Xfconfig jazz
3. Reboot
4. Using the default prompts I configure my Video Card Radeon 9600 and
Monitor.
5. 10-30 secs into login I crash, at the Loading Window
6. I use VESA driver d/l the ATI (ati_package_for_4.3).rpm
7. Install rpm -i --nodeps (ati_package_for_4.3).rpm
8. ATI edited (I verified XFconfig-4) and reboot (for the heck of it)
9. No Hangs it is working now.

That is the only way for me to use my computer.

Just my input.
Ryan

Ps.

Also an ATHLON XP w/ Barton Core single