rpm lockups - argh

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Tue Sep 23 11:32:24 UTC 2003

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Can you describe your usual RPM activities?
>
> Do you interrupt rpm often? Interrupting rpm is one major source of
> being confronted with stale lock files.

Why should that make any difference?  If rpm can't handle being
interrupted, that means that it is too fragile for the job.  Handling
user interrupts is one of the most important features rpm can have.

Of course, i'm not saying that this makes the problem any easier to
solve, but to require that people never interrupt rpm is to require that
they never make mistakes, and we all do that...
--
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net