Support of apt for fedora

Meyer, Andre Meyer at tpd.tno.nl
Thu Sep 25 06:58:26 UTC 2003

Hi all

I have been using Synaptic for apt-get for some time now and it works very
well. I have been able to install a lot of packages without any trouble at
all.

up2date is not too bad, but the number of packages offered is very limited.
Yesterday, I realised that I could not subscribe to the Severn channel. Is
this because I do not have paid subscription to RHN? It would be a better
idea to just open the RHN to include a wide variety of packages, maybe
indicating the status of development. Don't be so proprietary about this.

Ximian's Red Carpet also looks nice and has some good packages.

regards
Andre Meyer