useNoSSLForPackages and other badly-conceived options (notice non-hijacked thread!)

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Sat Sep 27 06:39:52 UTC 2003

As the subject says, i think 'useNoSSLForPackages' is rather badly
conceived.  Whenever i see an option that has the word "No" or "Don't"
in it, alarm bells ring in my head.

This is a recipe for confusion.  Can we get future versions of the
option renamed to "useSSLForPackages"?  (I would make it off by default,
too, since many packages are rather large and some of us still pay a lot
for bandwidth.)

I suppose i should bugzilla this...
--
Paul