What's wrong with them? (was Re: OT Netiquite comment)

Dennis Calhoun dcalhoun at blomand.net
Sat Sep 27 08:08:03 UTC 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:25:38 +1000, you wrote:

>Bret Hughes wrote:
>>>Michael, who doesn't reply to top posts and complete quotes anymore.
>>

>> What about hijacked Threads? These are really starting to piss me off
>> for some reason.
>
>Just kidding.  :-)
>--
>Paul
>http://paulgear.webhop.net
>
>A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
>Q: Why should i start my reply below the quoted text?

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.
AND we need to be able to reference the reply to previously quoted
text.
One can find a thorough explanation and reasoning of this matter at
<http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nquote.html>
Hint: Usenet Newsgroups are very similar to mailing list, in many
ways.

BTW, I'm just trying to ad some addition reference here, for use by
those who have been on the Internet for some time to share with those
who have not (including those who know no other than MSOE).

--
Dennis D. Calhoun  <http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dcalhoun/>
Member, news.newusers.questions Moderation Board