Cross-posting out of context is NOT cool [was Re: How can I update from Shrike to Fedora ?]

Mike Vanecek fedora_list at mm-vanecek.cc
Mon Sep 29 13:07:58 UTC 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:18:29 -0400, Jef Spaleta wrote
> Mike Vanecek wrote:
> > Because not everyone subscribes to all three lists and I want to get
> > the perspective and feedback from those with more knowledge and
> > experience that I have.
>
> Everyone was not a party of the original post.

Actually, everyone was a party to the original post. I posted the question and
the response.

> If you have a problem
> with what I have written...why don't you make an attempt to clear up
> any misunderstandings before you go quoting me out of context of the
> original thread on totally different lists. Very rude...not
> cool...you lose mucho style points...I'm going to have to drink an
> extra shot of tequila tonite to get over the monstrous insult you
> have wounded me with. if you don't post a follow up apology on the
> lists you cross-posted to...I'm going to be forced to drink yet
> another tequila shot for each list you cross-posted to.

I'd hate to force you to drink. However, this whole demise of Redhat Linux may
cause me to take it up myself. Have one on me, please. No offence intended.

> But if you really want to get this sort of perspective from other
> lists...in the future...you might consider just posting something
> like the archive url to other lists...so people can have a chance to
> see the original thread...and the context my comments were made in. For
> example...you could have just used this...
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-September/msg00379.html
> to indicate that you wanted comments on why i wrote in msg00379 of
> the fedora-list,,,so people could follow the original thread.

Makes good sense. I just posted the original comments rather than putting in a
url. I was not attacking what you said, just trying to understand it in the
context of the tons of comments I have read on the other lists.

> -jef"I hate having to drink another tequila shot..."spaleta

It depends on the quality of the tequila shot.

My apologies if I caused any problems.