VPN with Fedora - PPTP

Mark Haney mark.haney at doctordirectory.com
Thu Apr 1 01:27:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:31:05 +0200, Sébastien Bisoglio
<bsebastien at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Christoph Wickert wrote:

> I know IPSec is better but my ISP router can't route packets for IPSEC
> vpn... I can just route TCP or UDP packets !
>
> I dont'know what is open-VPN... L2TP ? Ipsec ? PPTP ? OTher ?

Then you should be just fine with openvpn as it uses the OpenSSL protocol
for securing the tunnel.  If your router can't route SSL packets then it's
not a router it's scrap.

--
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Mark Haney
Development, Systems and Network Administration
DoctorDirectory.com
http://www.doctordirectory.com