About RULE for FC1, was: 486 install?

Thomas King kingttx at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 1 19:23:00 UTC 2004

> > I looked over your website and cannot find any of the downloads, even
>for
> > RH9. I take it there won't be any until all of the developers are
>settled
> > back in. I'd love to try this out for a small charter school whose
>network
> > I'm working on. They have a bunch of 133MHz white boxes that I want to
>use
> > as non-essential file servers.
>If all you want is file serving, as long as you have disk space, just do
>a minimal text install with no X/GUI and use NFS or Samba.
>
>Travis Fraser

Ah, that sounds wonderful. If I do so, at the boot prompt is it 'linux no-x'
or do I simply not select any of the X options and desktop options? This
must go through linux text install since the video cards aren't handling the
regular gui install at all, so RULE sounded quite attractive for what I
needed.

Oh, and then the joys of editing the samba config...<wince>...I have a lot
to learn about admin. ;)

Tom