Getting a core dump from mozilla

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sat Apr 3 00:45:14 UTC 2004

Steve Bergman wrote:
> I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with flashplayer and mozilla.
> Mozilla crashes but leaves no core file.  I have run:
>
> ulimit -c unlimited
>
> and then run mozilla from the same shell but still, no core.  There is a
> line in /usr/bin/mozilla that does a ulimit -c 0 and I have already
> commented that out.  What am I missing?

Are you sure mozilla is crashing and not shutting down due to some
detected error?  You'll only get a core dump if it crashes with a
SIGQUIT, SIGILL, SIGABRT, SIGFPE or SIGSEGV (well, there are others,
too).  Make sure you check /var/log/messages to see if there's any
report there.

> This is actually under RH9, but the shrike list is not very active and I
> doubt I'll get much response to my post there.

I'm still active on the redhat-install-list.  I never was active on
the shrike list.
-  Diplomacy: The art of saying "Nice doggy!" until you can find a   -
-                            big enough rock.                        -