Spurious 8259A Interrupt Error

Joe Duke jduke at drive-spies.com
Sun Apr 4 14:28:32 UTC 2004

  I've just installed Fedora Core 1 on a machine running an Athlon 3200+.
After installation and during the first system boot the machine locked up
without any error message.  Since then, each time I attempt to boot I
receive the error message: "spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7".  Unfortunately,
the boot process halts and I can't get into the OS to check any logs.  I
think this event occurs while the ohci1394 module is being initialized.

I've installed Debian and RH 9.0 on this same machine without this problem.
Any ideas would be welcome.

JD