gnomeSU?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Thu Apr 8 02:36:37 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 08.04.2004 schrieb G. Gunther Wallen um 00:40:
> does it exist on fedora?
> I did a fair amount of googling and came up confused.  I hate having to
> do su in a console then type nautilus.
> KDE has it and it's quite handy but gnome seems to be more responsive on
> my hardware.

IIRC it's called gtksu, not gnomesu, but it's not included in fedora
since fedora has consolehelper. I think consolehelper is the way to go,
read
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-January/msg00204.html for more info.

If you are looking for a way to run a superuser nautilus from the main
menu see fedoranews.org, there is an article on this.

Christoph