Newbie and Launchers

Hazael Maldonado Torres fedora at itxolutions.com
Sun Apr 11 21:03:17 UTC 2004

> Hi
>
> How do I modify what program a Desktop Launcher launches?
>
> If I do right click on the launcher icon and press properties,
> I get some cosmetic things to change and also some permissions, but I
> >never
> get to a line allowing me to modify the progam to be launched.
>
> thanks!

I suggest you to get a terminal window and go to your desktop directory
(or the directory which contains the launchers), then do something like
this:

gedit firefox.desktop

Change firefox for the name of your .desktop file you want to modify.
You will see that the file is a kind of .ini one. You only modify what
you need to. As an advice is you have any SPACE in your path add a
backslash like this:

/usr/bin/Mozilla\ Firefox/firefox

Hopefully this will help you