Ethernet

bulent bacikgoz at ada.net.tr
Wed Apr 14 07:22:43 UTC 2004

Eric Diamond wrote:

>Tuesday, April 13, 2004 9:19 AM Jeff Vian replied:
>

>>You have said that everything works, but mii-tool is
>>reporting no link. This sounds like the tool is
>>

>getting the
>

>>wrong information, not like you
>>really have a problem.
>>

>I was thinking that too. Possibly a driver issue, but
>then it occurred to me that it could be hardware as
>well. Not so much a bad NIC, but not fully supported.
>However, a flaky NIC is still a remote possibility.
>
>Bülent stated in another reply that he was running a
>SURECOM EP-320X-S card. Does anyone know of any issues
>with this device?
>
>The point of his problem is the inconsistancy. If this
>were occuring on one of my machines I certainly wouldn't
>let it ride. That's not an attitude consistant with
>building stable systems.
>
>Bülent, do you have another NIC you could put in this
>machine? Try to make it a different brand and model. And
>check the ethernet chipset each is using, it is quite
>concievable that you could get one from a different
>manufacturer that is based on the same chipset. If this
>is a compatibility issue, that won't tell us much.
>
>It would duplicate the problem with alternate hardware,
>but if we get that far, it would be better to duplicate
>it with another of the same card first and then use a
>different card based on the same chipset as a secondary
>verification of the compatibilty issue. When it comes to
>Problem Determination, I'm nothing if not thourough. :-)
>
>Eric Diamond
>eDiamond Networking & Security
>303-246-9555
>eric at ediamond.net

No I haven't 2nd eth. card. But I try to remove eth driver and again
install it. Because I used RH9 when installing this card. After that I
upgraded FC1. May be ,this problem occur this event.
What do you think?
thank you......

--
Bülent Açikgöz
DBA & Sytem Administrator

Mobile: +90 532 5639505
Work  : +90 312 2103810
Adress: ODTU MM Binasi 3.Kat No:320
Balgat/ANKARA/TURKIYE

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.