Bad update - X11 corrupted

Dick Brown dikbrown at qwest.net
Wed Apr 14 18:40:42 UTC 2004

OK, there was no 'rhgb' in my boot loader, so I got in and manually
changed /etc/inittab.

The command 'X -probeonly' didn't seem to do anything helpful.  I saw
some text flash on the screen, but then the screen blanked.  I checked
the log file, but no help there.  I went ahead and just ran 'X' and
again checked the log file.  I saw the following messages near the bottom:

  could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list
  fatal server error:  could not open default font 'fixed'

Dick