RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Apr 15 01:09:32 UTC 2004

At 18:53 4/14/2004, you wrote:
>I will never give another company my money
>again until they can guarantee me a stable product with a stable
>lifecycle where I won't wake up one day and find out that my OS, my
>entire computer life, essentially, has been EOLed 6 months out.

IMHO, that is exactly what Red Hat has done with the Enterprise line: you
install it, and it is guaranteed to be supported for *at least* five years
after the date of its release.

Red Hat also fixed their blunder with RHPWS by making its subscription
renewable. So you install PWS (essentially RHEL-WS) for $90 ($30 for the
box/media/manuals and $60 for a year of RHN service) and then you can renew
that subscription after a year for another $60 (if I recall correctly). And
since PWS == WS, you also have that five-year product life.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com